- How we collect information from you?
We may collect information from you when you use our website. There are many occasions when this could happen, for example: if you enquire about our services, make a donation to us or apply for a volunteering opportunity, if you chose to provide some optional feedback or otherwise provide us with information. And, this may be when you phone us, go onto our website, through the post, or in person.
- What information do we collect?
The information we collect might include your contact details such as name, date of birth, email address, postal address and telephone number.
We also gather general information about the use of our websites, such as which pages users visit most often and which services, events or facilities are of most interest. We may also track which pages users visit when they click on links in our emails. We may use this information to personalise the way our website are presented when users visit them, to make improvements to our website and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites.
If you make a donation online, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
A 'Cookie' is a small file, which is downloaded to your device; like your computer, mobile phone or table when you visit a website.
Cookies let websites recognise your device, so that they can work, or work better, and also gather information about how you use the site. A cookie, by itself, can't be used to identify you.
This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you come to our website and also allows us to improve our site.
No cookies, please
You can opt out of all our cookies. Find out how to control and delete cookies in your browser.
But, if you choose to refuse all cookies you may not be able to use our website properly.
- How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the important advice and support you've asked us for.
- Provide or administer activities relating to all our services: updating you with important administrative messages, to help us identify you when you contact us, and help us to properly maintain our records.
- Improve your experience with us. We may use your information to enhance the service that our staff provide, to improve our information and communications, or to personalise the website to better suit your needs
- Provide you with information about our plans. This may be letting you know about new or enhanced services that we hope will be useful and interesting to you, and may include fundraising updates; of course, we will only do this either with your consent, where we need to fulfil a contract or service with you, or where we believe you will expect to be updated and contacted by us. You can of course ask us at any time to change how we contact you, simply contact email@example.com
- We may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law (for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority).
To do some of this, Society Inc may share your information with our trusted partners and suppliers, but is always carried out under our instruction, and is never for their marketing approaches. We ensure that they store the data securely and delete it when it is no longer needed.
- Your choices
We'd like to keep our all valued supporters up to date with our progress. So, to update you on what we're doing and ask whether you'd be able to support us, where we are able to, we'd like to keep in touch with you (by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means) about our progress and how you can continue to help us in this important mission.
Please be reassured that respect lies at the heart of everything our committed staff and volunteers do: we respect any information that you share with us and you can change your mind and remove or add your consent at any time, by simply contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who sees your personal information?
The personal information we collect about you will be used by our staff (and volunteers) at Society Inc so that they can support you; also, by a few selected organisations that work with us or on our behalf to deliver our services; and possibly to legal and regulatory authorities if required to by law.
We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities. Nor do we sell any information about your web browsing activity.
- Your Information Security
We take the security of your personal information extremely seriously.
We've implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
And, we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations.
Here are some of the ways we protect your personal information:
- All interactions with our website are SSL encrypted for protection when transmission data between your computer and our website. Encryption is the process through which sensitive information is scrambled before it is transmitted so that it remains private even if it is intercepted.
- Offline, your personal information is kept securely in our databases and offices, or, where relevant, by our partner companies.
- Our website may contain links to other sites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites. Please be aware that advertisers or Web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those websites or advertisers.
- Your communication with our teams at Society Inc
Your communications with our teams (including by telephone or email) may be monitored and/or recorded for training, quality control and compliance purposes to ensure that we continuously improve our customer service standards.
- How to update or access your personal information
You may ask us at any time to update your details, correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by:
Write to us at:
15 Little Hulton District Centre
You also have a right to know what personal information Society Inc holds about you.
To request a copy of your personal information we hold, contact us by:
Write to us at:
15 Little Hulton District Centre
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, which is to become law in the UK from 25th May 2018, you are also granted a number of additional rights.
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
For more information on these rights please read the relevant guidance issued by the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-reform/overview-of-the-gdpr/individuals-rights